Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kat Von D at Sephora

For so many years people like me only had our imaginations and inspiration to use a guide for how we would carefully compose our look each day. Many times I would have a song or a movie that had taken place in a certain time frame stuck in my head. I would try and duplicate that song, movie, etc. in terms of a “look”. I’ve spent hours in thrift stores and turned my nose up at plenty of clothing/makeup/accessories that were part of that seasons hottest items just because I thought it was stupid. There is something about the “pin-up” look that I love. I think perhaps I’m fascinated with that  period of time for women because they wore dresses, and hats, and red lipstick. They looked like women. They did the work. I love that because it tells me that they enjoyed that unique upside to the gender of playing dress-up. I love Kat Von D. She’s the shit, and where have I been? Who knew she had makeup line? Probably everyone but me. I gotta check it out.

Kat Von D Kat Von D


Created by Kat Von D, tattoo artist, reality-TV star, and owner of High Voltage Tattoo, this edgy color collection exemplifies old-Hollywood glamour with an L.A. vibe. As her gorgeous face leads on, Kat is as masterful with makeup as she is with a tattoo gun. (She can throw on a full, flawless face of makeup in 15 minutes, flat. Now that's on point.) Accordingly, her passion for makeup and self-expression is inked, so to speak, into every expert product she's created. From pin-up perfection to rocker chic, this limited-edition lineup allows you to tap into your bad-girl side and unleash your inner artist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...